This past December 2017, we went to New York and it was holiday bliss! We had so much fun and really got into the holiday spirit all thanks to NYC.
If you are looking for a fun weekend away in the winter, we recommend a trip to NYC and here are our recommendations for what to do while you are there:
- Walk through Macy’s in Times Square. It’s all decked out in holiday decor!
- Visit FAO Schwarz
- Go ice skating or shopping at Bryant Park (pictured above)
- Have a beer or hot chocolate at the roofdeck (yes, roofdeck!) at 230 Fifth Street. With igloos (that you can rent), robes you can wear, outdoor heaters, and fun music, it’s the best place to hang out. (pictured above)
- Visit the Rockefeller Center tree, go ice skating, watch the light show, or go to the Top of the Rock (this one we didn’t get to, but hear amazing things!) (pictured above)
- Walk through Battery Park. (pictured above)
- Walk through Washington Square Park. (pictured above)
And of course, don’t forget to warm up in the many cozy bakeries and coffee shops New York City has to offer!