Waiheke Island is a 30 minute ferry ride from Auckland and a complete respite from city life. It is quiet and everything is centered around enjoying nature. You definitely do not come here for thrills or night life. You come here to relax and be outside.
That being said, check out my recommendations for what to do and where to eat while you are here.
What to Do
- Go to Onetangi and walk along the beautiful beach. While here, also get some coffee or tea at The Beach House.
- Walk through Oneroa and go shopping.
- Drive around the island. With stunning views at every turn, you can see everything the island has to offer.
- Walk the many walking trails across the island.
- Go wine tasting. Check out my blog post for recommendations on where to go wine tasting!
Where to Eat
- The Cove
- Cable Bay
- Oyster Inn
- Cafe Fenice
- The Beach House
- Wild on Waiheke
- Solar Cafe
- Coffee Works
- Vino Vino
More pictures of beautiful Waiheke Island!