We went to the beautiful city of Queenstown on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. It is also the adventure capital of the world so if you are an adrenaline junkie, this is the perfect city for you! Below are my recommendations for where to stay, where to eat, and what to do while you are here.
What to Do in Queenstown
- Take the Skyline gondola up to the top of Bob’s Peak. It offers amazing views of the city below and surrounding mountains. There is also a restaurant at the top. Get a drink and enjoy the views.
- Go Ziplining! We used Ziptrek tours! It was so fun and the views were phenomenal. The guides were so nice, fun, and very dedicated to safety.
- Go bungy jumping! I recommend Nevis bungy. My husband did this while we were there and had so much fun. You take a trolley cart out to a platform suspended above the valley, get harnessed up, and jump! It is the 3rd highest bungy jump in the world at 440 feet!
- Take a tour of Milford Sound. I recommend taking a tour because it is a 4 hour drive one way. Once you get there, you will also be taking a boat ride. With such a long day of traveling, it is much easier to not be driving yourself.
- Take a day trip to Arrowtown, a small gold rush village. It is so quaint and we loved walking around the town’s center.
- Take a day trip to Central Otago for amazing vineyards! I recommend having lunch at Five Stags then doing a wine tasting at Mount Difficulty Winery.
Where to Eat in Queenstown
- Perky’s Floating Bar and Coffee Shop
- Wakatipu Grill
- Farelli’s Trattoria
- Patagonia Chocolatiers – for chocolate, of course!
- Bella Cucina
- Ivy & Lola’s Kitchen & Bar
- Ballarat Trading Company for drinks
- The London Pizza Place
Where to Stay in Queenstown
- Hilton Queenstown