Cruises are so much fun and give you a chance to easily see numerous locations in one trip. However, first timers might not always get the most of their trip. Below are a few tips to help you navigate and be prepared for your cruise and get the most out of your vacation!
- Get a room on a higher floor to help with sea sickness (the bottom floors feel the rocking of the boat more). Pack bonine to help with motion sickness and take it right as you wake up.
- Take advantage of the excursions! They usually offer great guided tours with locals.
- Find out what type of currency is used on your boat, so you are prepared.
- Pack a small bag to carry while on excursions because you could be away from the boat for up to 8 hours.
- Although it may feel corny to go to famous “tourist” sites, they are usually a tourist attraction for a reason so definitely take the time to stop by and see what it is all about.
- Learn a few phrases in a foreign language, it will help you more than you know.
- Try some of the local cuisine! You didn’t travel all that way to stick to what you know back home.
- Pack walkie talkies if you are in a group and want to contact family members because your cell phone won’t work on the boat.
- Try a few different cruise lines and find the one you love the most. They aren’t all the same!
What other tips do you have?